INFORMATION SYSTEMS SPECIALIST V (SERVER/DBA/CITRIX SUPPORT; HHSC 1513)
Date Posted: 08/23/13 (rev 11/06/13)
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Systems Analysis and Implementation 40%
- Primary responsibility is to provide the most efficient and reliable analytical support and service to the hospitals and their user departments through the functional application, technical components and interfaces that make up the Hospital Information System.
- Develops and implements application solutions to various business problems based on existing and future software infrastructure to meet application and functional user requirements.
- Analyzes and coordinates the implementation of software and database solutions including training, documentation and controls to insure secured and proper functioning of the systems.
- Analyzes, plans, develops and coordinates the software and database administrative duties for the corporation information technology systems. Complies and enforces the administration of corporate policies and procedures.
- Works with respective software vendors and hospital departments to install and maintain the software infrastructure and database systems.
- Develops training materials and coordinates training of users for their respective software applications.
- Where applicable, additional duties regarding Citrix responsibilities include:
- Oversees and monitors the Citrix production environment, ensuring that integrity is maintained and high availability is met.
- Collaborate with teams across the organization to integrate additional application solutions into the existing Citrix infrastructure.
- Lead in Citrix implementations.
- Oversee Citrix printing architecture design and troubleshooting.
B. Maintenance 30%
- Manages, plans, develops and assists with updates and maintenance of software, operating, database systems and Citrix environments to current release/version acceptable levels.
- Coordinates the impacted users for training, documentation and controls.
- Updates training materials and operations manuals for respective software and database administration applications.
C. User and management liaison 20%
- Communicates current and ongoing research and findings, project status and reporting of various other I.S. activities via oral and written reports to appropriate user and management personnel.
- Studies and assists in coordinating the standardization of software and controls within the hospitals to optimize maintenance costs and enhance training and reporting compatibility.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of I.S. policies and procedures to meet JCAHO standards.
- Assists in the review and evaluation of the network.
D. General responsibilities 10%
- Prepares and maintains user documents including software policies and procedures for operations, programming standards.
- Assists, evaluates and coordinates plans and projects for sharing information with other hospital facilities.
- Other duties as assigned to support the mission of HHSC.
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four (4) year college or university. Excess experience of the types and quality described below or any administrative, professional, analytical, technical, or other responsible work which provided knowledge, skills and abilities comparable to those acquired in four (4) years of successful study while completing a college or university curriculum leading to a baccalaureate degree may be substituted on a year-for-year basis. . The education or experience background must also demonstrate the ability to write clear and comprehensive reports and other documents; read and interpret complex written material; and solve complex problems logically and systematically.
Specialized Experience Requirement: Three and half years (3 ½) years of progressively responsible work experience in information technology which involved the systems analysis, design, programming, security and access management, database design and management, consulting, and/or installing and maintaining computer software applications, hardware, telecommunications, and web or network infrastructure equipment. The work must have demonstrated knowledge and understanding of information technology principles, methods, techniques and practices; computer hardware, software and peripheral equipment; and personal computer, server, mini and/or mainframe operating systems.
*For the IS Specialist IV and higher levels, at least one year of the required specialized experience must have been at the fully competent level comparable to the IS Specialist III level.
Supervisory Experience: For the IS Specialist V level, supervisory aptitude rather than actual supervisory experience may be accepted. Supervisory aptitude is the demonstration of aptitude or potential for the performance of supervisory duties through successful completion of regular or special assignments which involve some supervisory responsibilities or aspects; by serving as a group or team leader, or in similar work in which opportunities for demonstrating supervisory capabilities exist; by completion of training courses in supervision accompanied by application of supervisory skills in work assignments; or by favorable appraisals by a supervisor indicating the possession of supervisory potential.
1) Possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or in another major which included completion of course work comparable to a major in computer science may be substituted for six (6) months of the required Specialized Experience.
2) Partial completion of a master’s degree program in computer science from an accredited college or university may be substituted on a month-for-month basis up to a maximum of one (1) year for the required Specialized Experience.
3) Possession of a master’s degree in computer science from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one and one-half (1-1/2) years of the required Specialized Experience.
4) Possession of a Ph.D in computer science from an accredited college or university may be substituted for two and one-half (2-1/2) years of the required Specialized Experience.
5) Excess staff specialist and/or supervisory experience of the types and quality described above may be substituted for specialized experience on a year-for-year basis.
6) Excess technician experience comparable to an Information Systems Technician II or higher or comparable positions may be substituted for education on a year for year basis.
A. Experience in a Citrix environment, designing, developing, managing, testing and deploying Microsoft and Citrix based solutions up to XenApp, XenServer, and XenDesktop. Must be able to demonstrate extensive knowledge, expertise and experience of Citrix products across the whole range including the newest releases of the Citrix products.
B. Certification preferred – Microsoft certification or equivalent.
C. Experience preferred - 5 years experience in specialized experience in computer systems analysis and design of systems for electronic processing of data. Three and one-half (3-1/2) years of experience in a healthcare of healthcare support facility is preferred.
D. Experience preferred includes experience and basic knowledge in the following environment and systems:
1. Experience in a LAN and WAN environment, preferably in a client/server multi-site environment.
2. Experience in installation, configuration, administration and support of data center, server and desktop hardware and software.
3. High level of competency and knowledge with the installation and use of Exchange, SharePoint, and MS Office suite applications.
E. Experience preferred includes experience and basic knowledge in the following applications:
1. General MS Office Professional Application software – Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Outlook.
2. General support applications – MS Project. VISIO
3. Other applications – Communications.
F. Preferred hands on experience in the following activities:
1. Troubleshooting and resolving user identified server and network problems.
2. System software implementation and upgrades - load, modifications, test and cutover.
3. Experience and a high level of competency in PCs including hardware configuration and installation.
4. Experience in the generation of training manuals, operations manuals, newsletters and other I.S. associated documents.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The position will primarily work in an office environment with prolonged sitting and extended periods of working with a personal computer and in meetings with various users and vendors of the automated systems. Position also requires a full range of movement to lead and assist in the occasional installation of cables, PCs and other electronic equipment in the various facilities.
HOW TO APPLY: If you are interested in this position, just click on the link "APPLY NOW". You will be prompted to create your online account or access to your existing account. Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are also available at the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation, Human Resources Office, 3675 Kilauea Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96816. You can call (808) 733-4162, (Voice/TT), Toll Free (800) 845-6733, e-mail: email@example.com or visit our website at www.hhsc.org. Application hours are: 08:00 am – 12:00 pm at which time applicants are able to complete an application and have their application reviewed by the Corporate Human Resources Office. Only applicants that have been through a Human Resources (HR) applicant screening process will be considered for an interview with a hiring manager. Applications for announcements with a deadline date must be on file no later than the last day to file applications.
QUALITY OF EXPERIENCE: Possession of the required amount of experience will not in itself be accepted as proof of qualification for the position. Overall paid or unpaid experience must have been of such scope and responsibility as to conclusively demonstrate that you have the ability to perform the duties of this position. Provide a detailed description of your duties and responsibilities. If you worked on a part-time basis, indicate the average number of hours worked per week. Please note that experience will be based on a 40-hour workweek. Note: We will not postpone the recruitment process because of your failure to provide accurate and complete information concerning your qualifications.
MERIT OR CIVIL SERVICE SYSTEM: You must meet the minimum qualification requirements, including education, experience, other public employment requirements for State Civil Service employment, and HHSC Standards of Fitness. Only those applicants that are scheduled for an interview with the hiring manager will be contacted. Applications will be kept active for six (6) months.
CITIZENSHIP AND RESIDENCE REQUIREMENT: Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. and at the time of appointment intend to reside in the State of Hawaii during the course of employment with the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation.
VETERAN’S PREFERENCE: If you are claiming Veteran’s Preference, you must submit a copy of your DD214 and/or other substantiating documents specifying the periods of your service.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must be able to physically and mentally perform efficiently the duties of the position. Qualified applicants with disabilities who can perform the essential functions of the advertised position are encouraged to apply. The Hawaii Health Systems Corporation is committed to making reasonable accommodations on a case-by-case basis. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation should be ready to discuss the accommodation sought so that a determination can be made that such accommodation is reasonable and would not cause the employer undue hardship.
PHYSICAL EXAMINATION REQUIREMENT: Offers of employment will be conditioned on the results of a complete physical examination, which includes a drug screening. For certain job categories, applicants may be referred to an HHSC-designated physician, rather than the applicant’s personal physician of choice. The cost for all physical examinations, except the cost for the drug screening, shall be borne by the applicant and not the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation. The Hawaii Health Systems Corporation shall bear the cost of the drug screening.
CRIMINAL/BACKGROUND, CREDENTIALING CHECKS: Applicable checks will be conducted periodically and any associated costs may be borne by the applicant. If a job offer is made or employment is begun prior to completion of all applicable checks, any offer of employment or continued employment is contingent upon satisfactory return of all required checks.
STEPS TO AN ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW, SUBSEQUENT APPEALS: If you do not agree with a decision made by the Employment Office as to your non-qualification or non-selection for a position, you may complete a Request for Administrative Review form (available on the HHSC website) or you may submit a written request within twenty (20) days from the date of your sent notice to the Regional Chief Executive Officer/Designee. Your letter requesting the Administrative Review must include 1. The job title(s) and recruitment number(s), 2. the specific reason(s) you are requesting the review noting if there is a statute or rule violation, and 3. any additional information you want to submit to substantiate your request. If you do not submit your request within the twenty (20) days deadline, no Administrative Review will be conducted. Since the Administrative Review is a prerequisite to subsequent steps, failure to utilize this process will make you ineligible for subsequent appeals. The administrative review, formal complaint and/or appeals hearing will not necessarily postpone the recruitment process and/or rescind a selection. If you do not agree with the Administrative Review, you may file a Formal Complaint and then, if you are still not satisfied, you can appeal to the HHSC Merit Appeals Board.
The Corporate office of the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation is located at Leahi Hospital, 3675 Kilauea Avenue Honolulu, HI 96816.
For additional information, call (808) 733-4162 or Toll-free (800) 845-6733 (TTD/TTY) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES MAY CONTACT THE RECRUITMENT OFFICER AT (808) 733-4162 (TTD/TTY), OR Toll-free (800) 845-6733, OR EMAIL email@example.com TO DISCUSS SPECIAL NEEDS IN APPLYING.