The IT Project Manager is an exempt position (permanent/full-time) that works under the general direction of the Project Management Office Director (PMO Director). The position is responsible for the successful implementaion of the ICD-10 project and other multiple projects at HHSC. This includes the planning, organizing, and integration of all activities associated with the projects to include needs analysis, workflow analysis, process re-engineering, technology and software assessment, project planning and management, system installation, implementation and testing, conversion to production status, technical and procedural documentation, user training, and post implementation assessment.
POSITION NO: 109422
DATE POSTED: 12/17/13
LOCATION: Hawaii Health Systems Corporation (HHSC), Honolulu, Hawaii
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Project Planning and Implementation Support 60%
1. Responsible for managing and providing leadership for projects involving large-scale, complex and highly analytical tasks.
2. Utilize appropriate project management tools, methodologies, and processes including, but not limited to, project planning and tracking, issues management and tracking, and critical path analyses.
3. Maintain effective communications with project participants and other stakeholders.
4. Creatively develop approaches and solutions to address/mitigate project issues and risks.
5. Facilitate the on-time and within budget completion of HHSC IT projects.
6. Provide advice and recommendations to meet user needs in the implementation of complex projects.
7. Manage implementation of complex systems; lead and schedule multiple projects; plan, analyze and design new systems; develop enhancements to systems; analyze procedures; develop conversion plans; move data from one system to another; provide user training.
8. Develop and implement new systems to support departmental activities; set scope, boundaries, and objectives for system functions and interfaces based on departmental needs.
9. As requested and funded, analyze and evaluate existing systems for cost effective and efficient operation and recommend modifications; prepare feasibility studies; monitor technical design in relation to system changes; gather requirements and general information regarding users business needs in relations to new developments or enhancements.
10. Identify opportunities for improving business/clinical processes through automation; prepare proposals to develop new systems or enhancements to existing systems, and conduct feasibility studies.
11. Determine allocation of resources and installation schedules; determine operating characteristics and requirements; monitor and report progress of work.
12. Provide analysis, advice, and assistance to executives and administrators as requested.
B. Supervisory and Management duties 30%
1. Supervises and manages the assignments of the project team by providing clarification, interpretation and guidance to ensure corporate and regional deadlines are met.
2. Recommends personnel needs, changes, and actions (i.e., disciplinary, re-assignment of duties, training needs, management of staff, etc.) to supervisor.
3. Informs subordinates of changes affecting the projects and goals of the department and HHSC.
4. Responsible for the completion of the employee performance evaluations and required to meet with employee on a regular routine basis to discuss performance goals, issues and improvement plans. Communicates with the respective supervisors on performance relates matters.
C. Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned. 10%
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent work experience. A degree in computer science, management information system, electrical engineering or a closely related field is preferred.
Experience: Three (3) years of related experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the essential duties in a healthcare setting.
Supervisory experience: One (1) year supervisory experience overseeing and managing the work of assigned staff.
Certification, Licensure: Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
WORKING CONDITION/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of: project management methods, techniques, and system development life cycle; testing and training techniques; developing functional requirements; design methods; ability to manage multiple projects, activities, and problem areas; ability to forecast and monitor project budget, ability to develop return-on-investment; ability to work with all levels of hospital management to ensure proper communication of project status and to identify and escalate issues as appropriate, systems development life cycle; business/clinical applications development.
- Ability to: Manage and direct a group of workers and communicate expectations effectively, both orally and in writing; establish and maintain good working relations with department personnel, staff, vendors, peers, and management; translate functional requirements into systems specifications; prioritize requests for service; conduct cost/benefit analyses. Analyze complex issues and develop and communicate alternative approaches to address issues. Focus project team activities on the successful completion of projects.
Work will be performed in an office setting. Incumbent will be required to attend numerous meetings, at locations throughout Oahu and throughout the State of Hawaii, and potentially the mainland United States. Travel may require occasional overnight stays of one or more days out of town, or out of state. Light lifting and carrying of papers and books will occasionally be required. On some occasions, and possibly on short notice, throughout the year the incumbent may be required to work additional hours.
Note: Exceptions may be granted as deemed appropriate in determining qualifications.
To apply and to submit an application, click on APPLY NOW
and indicate your SALARY REQUIREMENT
and CONTACT INFORMATION FOR 3 WORK REFERENCES.
Please submit/email a copy of your resume to email@example.com
HOW TO APPLY: If you are interested in this position, just click on the"APPLY NOW" link. You will be prompted to either create your online account or access to your existing account.
Applications are also available at the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation, Human Resources Office, 3675 Kilauea Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96816. You can call (808) 733-4162, (Voice/TT), Toll Free (800) 845-6733, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit our website at www.hhsc.org. Application hours are: 08:00 am – 12:00 pm at which time applicants are able to complete an application and have their application reviewed by the Corporate Human Resources Office. Only applicants that have been through a Human Resources (HR) applicant screening process will be considered for an interview with a hiring manager. Applications for announcements with a deadline date must be on file no later than the last day to file applications.
QUALITY OF EXPERIENCE: Possession of the required amount of experience will not in itself be accepted as proof of qualification for the position. Overall paid or unpaid experience must have been of such scope and responsibility as to conclusively demonstrate that you have the ability to perform the duties of this position. Provide a detailed description of your duties and responsibilities. If you worked on a part-time basis, indicate the average number of hours worked per week. Please note that experience will be based on a 40-hour workweek. Note: We will not postpone the recruitment process because of your failure to provide accurate and complete information concerning your qualifications.
MERIT OR CIVIL SERVICE SYSTEM: You must meet the minimum qualification requirements, including education, experience, other public employment requirements for State Civil Service employment, and HHSC Standards of Fitness. Only those applicants that are scheduled for an interview with the hiring manager will be contacted. Applications will be kept active for six (6) months.
CITIZENSHIP AND RESIDENCE REQUIREMENT: Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. and at the time of appointment intend to reside in the State of Hawaii during the course of employment with the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation.
VETERAN’S PREFERENCE: If you are claiming Veteran’s Preference, you must submit a copy of your DD214 and/or other substantiating documents specifying the periods of your service.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must be able to physically and mentally perform efficiently the duties of the position. Qualified applicants with disabilities who can perform the essential functions of the advertised position are encouraged to apply. The Hawaii Health Systems Corporation is committed to making reasonable accommodations on a case-by-case basis. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation should be ready to discuss the accommodation sought so that a determination can be made that such accommodation is reasonable and would not cause the employer undue hardship.
PHYSICAL EXAMINATION REQUIREMENT: Offers of employment will be conditioned on the results of a complete physical examination, which includes a drug screening. For certain job categories, applicants may be referred to an HHSC-designated physician, rather than the applicant’s personal physician of choice. The cost for all physical examinations, except the cost for the drug screening, shall be borne by the applicant and not the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation. The Hawaii Health Systems Corporation shall bear the cost of the drug screening.
CRIMINAL/BACKGROUND, CREDENTIALING CHECKS: Applicable checks will be conducted periodically and any associated costs may be borne by the applicant. If a job offer is made or employment is begun prior to completion of all applicable checks, any offer of employment or continued employment is contingent upon satisfactory return of all required checks.
STEPS TO AN ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW, SUBSEQUENT APPEALS: If you do not agree with a decision made by the Employment Office as to your non-qualification or non-selection for a position, you may complete a Request for Administrative Review form (available on the HHSC website) or you may submit a written request within twenty (20) days from the date of your sent notice to the Regional Chief Executive Officer/Designee. Your letter requesting the Administrative Review must include 1. The job title(s) and recruitment number(s), 2. the specific reason(s) you are requesting the review noting if there is a statute or rule violation, and 3. any additional information you want to submit to substantiate your request. If you do not submit your request within the twenty (20) days deadline, no Administrative Review will be conducted. Since the Administrative Review is a prerequisite to subsequent steps, failure to utilize this process will make you ineligible for subsequent appeals. The administrative review, formal complaint and/or appeals hearing will not necessarily postpone the recruitment process and/or rescind a selection. If you do not agree with the Administrative Review, you may file a Formal Complaint and then, if you are still not satisfied, you can appeal to the HHSC Merit Appeals Board.
The Corporate office of the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation is located at Leahi Hospital, 3675 Kilauea Avenue Honolulu, HI 96816.
For additional information, call (808) 733-4162 or Toll-free (800) 845-6733 (TTD/TTY) or e-mail email@example.com.
PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES MAY CONTACT THE RECRUITMENT OFFICER AT (808) 733-4162 (TTD/TTY), OR Toll-free (800) 845-6733, OR EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org TO DISCUSS SPECIAL NEEDS IN APPLYING.