History and Who We Are
The Hawaii Health Systems Foundation (HHSF) was formed in October 1998. As a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) entity, HHSF was designed to raise funds and obtain gifts and grants for the benefit of the HHSC, and from that perspective, this Foundation has already been quite successful. The greatest amount of successful fundraising activity for the Foundation has focused on Telemedicine initiatives, and this targeted approach has enabled Hawaii Health Systems Corporation to become the recognized leader in Hawaii and the Pacific for operational Telemedicine services and programs.
We are a not-for-profit entity that exists to support Hawaii Health Systems Corporation (HHSC) and its facilities. We are a not-for-profit entity that supports the nation’s fourth largest community hospital system with more than 1,270 beds and 4,000 employees making this health system Hawaii’s fifth largest employer.
The HHSF operates across all the Hawaiian Islands and HHSC regions. Please visit our various foundation links below.
- Kauai Veterans Memorial Hospital Foundation
- Samuel Mahelona Memorial Hospital Foundation
- Maui Foundation
- Kona Hospital Foundation
- Kohala Hospital Charitable Foundation
- Hilo Medical Center Foundation
- Ka`u Hospital Charitable Foundation
- Leahi-Maluhia Foundation
- Hawaii Health Systems Foundation
HHSF seeks to raise funds and accept gifts to effectively assist the 12 community hospitals of the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation in their efforts to become:
- Provider of choice for the island communities HHSC serves
- Employer of choice for the more than 4,000 HHSC staff
- System of choice for HHSC physicians