This position is responsible for developing the Project Management Office (PMO) which includes but is not limited to the infrastructure, methodology, and staffing mode. This position ensures development, enhancement and adherence to standard project methodology; manages and provides leadership of projects involving large-scale, complex and highly analytical tasks.
: Rev 12/13/13 (01/19/2012)
Hawaii Health Systems Corporation (HHSC), Honolulu, Hawaii
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A. Manages and provides leadership of projects involving large-scale, complex and highly analytical tasks. 80%
1. Monitor adherence to all process related to projects:
- Project process, tools and templates using PMI methodology
- Project prioritization
- Act as a change agent by adherence to IT project leadership principles
- Establish evaluation of projects to support the strategic goals
- Portfolio strategy
- Selection of active projects
- Develop dashboard reporting mechanism
- Develop documentation standards for the teams
2. Provides oversight and direction for management and monitoring of required projects throughout HHSC and is responsible for establishing and maintaining effective processes for planning and monitoring of individual projects within the organization.
3. Leads and manages teams of individuals with responsibility for project plan development, risk management, issues management, project communications, budget tracking, status reporting, vendor management and successful project completions
4. Leads the projects planning process, including scope identification and resource needs.
5. Participates in the design and development of appropriate processes to ensure successful projects.
6. Supports the collection and reporting of metrics defining benefits, realization, operation efficiencies, and ROI associated with assigned projects.
7. Implements and support of vendor-packaged applications.
8. Oversees the implementation of the EMR project.
9. Assumes the role of the EMR Project Director for the EMR project. Responsible for Business Objectives, provides accountability, reviews and approves project stages before moving to next stage, provide resources and funding, ensures quality of deliverables, provides direction, communicates to stakeholders, communicates significant changes and delegates day to day operations for project to the Project Managers.
B. Supervisory and Management duties 20%
1. Supervises and manages the assignments of the project team by providing clarification, interpretation and guidance to ensure corporate and regional deadlines are met.
2. Recommends personnel needs, changes, and actions (i.e., disciplinary, re-assignment of duties, training needs, management of staff, etc.) to the Vice President/Chief Information Officer.
3. Informs subordinates of changes affecting the projects and goals of the department and HHSC.
4. Responsible for the completion of the employee performance evaluations and required to meet with employee on a regular routine basis to discuss performance goals, issues and improvement plans.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent work experience.
Experience: Seven (7) years of experience working with Information systems implementation and three (3) years of Management of the PMO.
Certification preferred: Project Management Professional (PMP). Six Sigma Training or equivalent process improvement methodology preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of: Practices and techniques of supervision and of project management, excellent organization and communications skills.
Ability to: Manage and direct workers including the ability to provide counseling and mediation; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; communicate clear expectation to subordinates and motivate them to perform effectively; establish and maintain good working relations with department personnel, staff, vendors, peer, and management; understand and learn a variety of business procedures and processes; develop new approaches and solutions outside of existing theories and principles; engage in high level consulting; advise and interpret policies, procedures and standards, prioritize requests for services. Strong working knowledge of project life cycle and information system.
WORKING CONDITION/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Work will be performed in an office setting. Incumbent will be required to attend numerous meetings at locations throughout Oahu and throughout the State of Hawaii, and potentially the mainland United States. Travel will require occasional overnight stays of one or more days out of town, or out of state. Light lifting and carrying of papers and books up to fifty pounds will occasionally be required. Occasionally and on short notice throughout the year incumbent will be required to work long, additional hours in the evenings and on weekends and holidays.
Note: Exceptions may be granted as deemed appropriate in determining qualifications.
To apply, just click "APPLY NOW" to login to your MyAccount section or to register for your free account. A copy of your resume must be submitted/emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO APPLY: If you are interested in this position, just click on the link "APPLY NOW". You will be prompted to create your online account or access to your existing account.
Applications are also available at the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation, Human Resources Office, 3675 Kilauea Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96816. You can call (808) 733-4162, (Voice/TT), Toll Free (800) 845-6733, e-mail: email@example.com or visit our website at www.hhsc.org. Application hours are: 08:00 am – 12:00 pm at which time applicants are able to complete an application and have their application reviewed by the Corporate Human Resources Office. Only applicants that have been through a Human Resources (HR) applicant screening process will be considered for an interview with a hiring manager. Applications for announcements with a deadline date must be on file no later than the last day to file applications.
QUALITY OF EXPERIENCE: Possession of the required amount of experience will not in itself be accepted as proof of qualification for the position. Overall paid or unpaid experience must have been of such scope and responsibility as to conclusively demonstrate that you have the ability to perform the duties of this position. Provide a detailed description of your duties and responsibilities. If you worked on a part-time basis, indicate the average number of hours worked per week. Please note that experience will be based on a 40-hour workweek. Note: We will not postpone the recruitment process because of your failure to provide accurate and complete information concerning your qualifications.
MERIT OR CIVIL SERVICE SYSTEM: You must meet the minimum qualification requirements, including education, experience, other public employment requirements for State Civil Service employment, and HHSC Standards of Fitness. Only those applicants that are scheduled for an interview with the hiring manager will be contacted. Applications will be kept active for six (6) months.
CITIZENSHIP AND RESIDENCE REQUIREMENT: Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. and at the time of appointment intend to reside in the State of Hawaii during the course of employment with the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation. VETERAN’S PREFERENCE: If you are claiming Veteran’s Preference, you must submit a copy of your DD214 and/or other substantiating documents specifying the periods of your service.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must be able to physically and mentally perform efficiently the duties of the position. Qualified applicants with disabilities who can perform the essential functions of the advertised position are encouraged to apply. The Hawaii Health Systems Corporation is committed to making reasonable accommodations on a case-by-case basis. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation should be ready to discuss the accommodation sought so that a determination can be made that such accommodation is reasonable and would not cause the employer undue hardship.
PHYSICAL EXAMINATION REQUIREMENT: Offers of employment will be conditioned on the results of a complete physical examination, which includes a drug screening. For certain job categories, applicants may be referred to an HHSC-designated physician, rather than the applicant’s personal physician of choice. The cost for all physical examinations, except the cost for the drug screening, shall be borne by the applicant and not the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation. The Hawaii Health Systems Corporation shall bear the cost of the drug screening.
CRIMINAL/BACKGROUND, CREDENTIALING CHECKS: Applicable checks will be conducted periodically and any associated costs may be borne by the applicant. If a job offer is made or employment is begun prior to completion of all applicable checks, any offer of employment or continued employment is contingent upon satisfactory return of all required checks.
STEPS TO AN ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW, SUBSEQUENT APPEALS: If you do not agree with a decision made by the Employment Office as to your non-qualification or non-selection for a position, you may complete a Request for Administrative Review form (available on the HHSC website) or you may submit a written request within twenty (20) days from the date of your sent notice to the Regional Chief Executive Officer/Designee. Your letter requesting the Administrative Review must include 1. The job title(s) and recruitment number(s), 2. the specific reason(s) you are requesting the review noting if there is a statute or rule violation, and 3. any additional information you want to submit to substantiate your request. If you do not submit your request within the twenty (20) days deadline, no Administrative Review will be conducted. Since the Administrative Review is a prerequisite to subsequent steps, failure to utilize this process will make you ineligible for subsequent appeals. The administrative review, formal complaint and/or appeals hearing will not necessarily postpone the recruitment process and/or rescind a selection. If you do not agree with the Administrative Review, you may file a Formal Complaint and then, if you are still not satisfied, you can appeal to the HHSC Merit Appeals Board.
The Corporate office of the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation is located at Leahi Hospital, 3675 Kilauea Avenue Honolulu, HI 96816.
For additional information, call (808) 733-4162 or Toll-free (800) 845-6733 (TTD/TTY) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES MAY CONTACT THE RECRUITMENT OFFICER AT (808) 733-4162 (TTD/TTY), OR Toll-free (800) 845-6733, OR EMAIL email@example.com TO DISCUSS SPECIAL NEEDS IN APPLYING.