Position No(s): 57870
DATE POSTED: December 27, 2013
SALARY: $3,950/month (SR22C)
LOCATION: Hawaii Health Systems Corporation (HHSC), Corporate Office, Honolulu, Hawaii
Must be available to work on a rotating shiftwork, including holidays, evenings and be on call (standby) as required.
A. IT Access Provision 75%
- Provide accurate and timely IT security access to systems within the scope of the IT Core Security function.
- Establishes process to ensure the IT security access process meet and exceed Service Level Agreement for timeliness, quality, and efficiency.
- Responsible for overseeing and monitoring the IT Access Provision process within the scope of the Corporate Help Desk Group.
- Responsible for conducting quality audits and review of access requests and recommend process improvements.
- Maintains accurate records and logging of problems and resolution in the standard Help Desk or logging system.
- Act as a liaison between customers and internal support staff to assure accurate problem interpretation. Maintain communications with customer during the problem resolution process.
- Utilizes superior customer service skills when dealing with customers and support staff.
- Works with users and other systems analyst to provide the most efficient and reliable analytical support and service to HHSC facilities and their user departments through the functional application and technical components that make up the Hospital Information System.
B. Administrative Functions 15%
- Assist the CDC Manager to coordinate and direct the work of the support analysts. Monitors work queues and manage escalated problems/incidents/requests.
- Assist the CDC Manager in developing 24x7 staff coverage for Help Desk and CDC.
- Monitor Help Desk daily operations, including, but not limited to queue monitor. Responsible for ensuring that users are properly responded to; user issues are clearly described; helpdesk tickets for issues are created, correctly categorized and dispatched.
- Responsible for reviewing tickets to identify recurring problems/incidents and work with the Help Desk to create Knowledge Base articles, solutions, and/or work-around documentation.
C. General Responsibilities 10%
- Assists in the implementation and enforcement of I.S. policies and procedures to meet corporate and accreditation standards.
- Prepares and maintains documents including policies, procedures and logs for operations, interfaces, network and programming standards.
- Assists, evaluates and coordinates plans and projects for sharing information with other HHSC facilities.
- Assists in the review and evaluation of the information technology systems and its components.
- Assists CDC operations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned to support the mission of HHSC.
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four (4) year college or university. Excess experience of the types and quality described below or any administrative, professional, analytical, technical, or other responsible work which provided knowledge, skills and abilities comparable to those acquired in four (4) years of successful study while completing a college or university curriculum leading to a baccalaureate degree may be substituted on a year-for-year basis. The education or experience background must also demonstrate the ability to write clear and comprehensive reports and other documents; read and interpret complex written material; and solve complex problems logically and systematically.
Specialized Experience: Two and one-half (2 1/2) years of progressively responsible work experience in information technology which involved the systems analysis, design, programming, security and access management, database design and management, consulting, and/or installing and maintaining computer software applications, hardware, telecommunications, and web or network infrastructure equipment. The work must have demonstrated knowledge and understanding of information technology principles, methods, techniques and practices; computer hardware, software and peripheral equipment; and personal computer, server, mini and/or mainframe operating systems.
1) Possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or in another major which included completion of course work comparable to a major in computer science may be substituted for six (6) months of the required Specialized Experience.
2) Partial completion of a master’s degree program in computer science from an accredited college or university may be substituted on a month-for-month basis up to a maximum of one (1) year for the required Specialized Experience.
3) Possession of a master’s degree in computer science from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one and one-half (1-1/2) years of the required Specialized Experience.
4) Possession of a Ph.D in computer science from an accredited college or university may be substituted for two and one-half (2-1/2) years of the required Specialized Experience.
5) Excess staff specialist and/or supervisory experience of the types and quality described above may be substituted for specialized experience on a year-for-year basis.
6) Excess technician experience comparable to an Information Systems Technician II or higher or comparable positions may be substituted for education on a year for year basis.
Certification: MCITP, Microsoft Office, VCA-DT, ITIL, a+, or Network+ preferred.
A. Education preferred – a bachelor’s degree in computer science or management information systems from an accredited college or university.
B. Experience preferred – 3 years experience in a Microsoft desktop and server environment; experience with Windows XP, Windows 7, and mobile device a plus. Experience resolving end user issuers via remote software a plus. At least 1 year in a healthcare or healthcare support facility.
C. Experience preferred includes experience and basic knowledge in the following environment and systems:
1. Experience in a LAN and WAN preferably in an environment which includes a minicomputer host.
2. Experience in installation, configuration, administration and support of server and network devices with a data center.
3. Basic understanding of data center operational technologies to insure appropriate monitoring of HHSC computing facilities.
D. Experience preferred includes experience and basic knowledge in the following applications:
1. General MS Office Professional Application software – Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Outlook.
2. General support application – MS Project, VISIO.
3. IBM Midrange or similar computer systems.
4. Other applications - Electronic Medical Record
E. Preferred hands on experience in the following activities:
1. Troubleshooting and resolving user identified software and applications.
2. Experience and a high level of competency in PCs including hardware configuration and installation.
Working Conditions: The position will work in an office environment with prolonged sitting and extended periods of working with a personal computer and in meetings with various users and vendors of the automated systems. Position also requires a full range of movement to lead and assist in occasional installation of cables, PCs and other electronic equipment in various facilities.
HOW TO APPLY: If you are interested in this position, just click on the link "APPLY NOW". You will be prompted to create your online account or access to your existing account.
Applications are also available at the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation, Human Resources Office, 3675 Kilauea Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96816. You can call (808) 733-4162, (Voice/TT), Toll Free (800) 845-6733, e-mail: email@example.com or visit our website at www.hhsc.org. Application hours are: 08:00 am – 12:00 pm at which time applicants are able to complete an application and have their application reviewed by the Corporate Human Resources Office. Only applicants that have been through a Human Resources (HR) applicant screening process will be considered for an interview with a hiring manager. Applications for announcements with a deadline date must be on file no later than the last day to file applications.
QUALITY OF EXPERIENCE: Possession of the required amount of experience will not in itself be accepted as proof of qualification for the position. Overall paid or unpaid experience must have been of such scope and responsibility as to conclusively demonstrate that you have the ability to perform the duties of this position. Provide a detailed description of your duties and responsibilities. If you worked on a part-time basis, indicate the average number of hours worked per week. Please note that experience will be based on a 40-hour workweek. Note: We will not postpone the recruitment process because of your failure to provide accurate and complete information concerning your qualifications.
MERIT OR CIVIL SERVICE SYSTEM: You must meet the minimum qualification requirements, including education, experience, other public employment requirements for State Civil Service employment, and HHSC Standards of Fitness. Only those applicants that are scheduled for an interview with the hiring manager will be contacted. Applications will be kept active for six (6) months.
CITIZENSHIP AND RESIDENCE REQUIREMENT: Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. and at the time of appointment intend to reside in the State of Hawaii during the course of employment with the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation. VETERAN’S PREFERENCE: If you are claiming Veteran’s Preference, you must submit a copy of your DD214 and/or other substantiating documents specifying the periods of your service.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must be able to physically and mentally perform efficiently the duties of the position. Qualified applicants with disabilities who can perform the essential functions of the advertised position are encouraged to apply. The Hawaii Health Systems Corporation is committed to making reasonable accommodations on a case-by-case basis. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation should be ready to discuss the accommodation sought so that a determination can be made that such accommodation is reasonable and would not cause the employer undue hardship.
PHYSICAL EXAMINATION REQUIREMENT: Offers of employment will be conditioned on the results of a complete physical examination, which includes a drug screening. For certain job categories, applicants may be referred to an HHSC-designated physician, rather than the applicant’s personal physician of choice. The cost for all physical examinations, except the cost for the drug screening, shall be borne by the applicant and not the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation. The Hawaii Health Systems Corporation shall bear the cost of the drug screening.
CRIMINAL/BACKGROUND, CREDENTIALING CHECKS: Applicable checks will be conducted periodically and any associated costs may be borne by the applicant. If a job offer is made or employment is begun prior to completion of all applicable checks, any offer of employment or continued employment is contingent upon satisfactory return of all required checks.
STEPS TO AN ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW, SUBSEQUENT APPEALS: If you do not agree with a decision made by the Employment Office as to your non-qualification or non-selection for a position, you may complete a Request for Administrative Review form (available on the HHSC website) or you may submit a written request within twenty (20) days from the date of your sent notice to the Regional Chief Executive Officer/Designee. Your letter requesting the Administrative Review must include 1. The job title(s) and recruitment number(s), 2. the specific reason(s) you are requesting the review noting if there is a statute or rule violation, and 3. any additional information you want to submit to substantiate your request. If you do not submit your request within the twenty (20) days deadline, no Administrative Review will be conducted. Since the Administrative Review is a prerequisite to subsequent steps, failure to utilize this process will make you ineligible for subsequent appeals. The administrative review, formal complaint and/or appeals hearing will not necessarily postpone the recruitment process and/or rescind a selection. If you do not agree with the Administrative Review, you may file a Formal Complaint and then, if you are still not satisfied, you can appeal to the HHSC Merit Appeals Board.
The Corporate office of the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation is located at Leahi Hospital, 3675 Kilauea Avenue Honolulu, HI 96816.
For additional information, call (808) 733-4162 or Toll-free (800) 845-6733 (TTD/TTY) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES MAY CONTACT THE RECRUITMENT OFFICER AT (808) 733-4162 (TTD/TTY), OR Toll-free (800) 845-6733, OR EMAIL email@example.com TO DISCUSS SPECIAL NEEDS IN APPLYING.