POSITION NUMBER: 57280
SALARY: $4447 (SR24C)
DATE POSTED: 05/15/2014
LOCATION: Hawaii Health Systems Corporation (HHSC), Honolulu, Hawaii
This position will serve as a systems analyst and as the liaison between the Information Systems Department and the users of the automated systems of the Hospitals and the HHSC Information Systems Department. This position will be located in the HHSC IS Department.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Systems Administration and Implementation 50%
1. Primary responsibility is to provide the most efficient and reliable analytical support and service to the hospitals and their user departments through the functional application components and interfaces that make up the Hospital Information System.
2. Provides and implements application solutions to various business problems based on existing and future software infrastructure to meet application and functional user requirements.
3. Performs and coordinates the implementation of software and system solutions including training, documentation and control to insure secured and proper functioning of the systems.
4. Analyzes, plans, develops and coordinates the software and system administrative duties for the corporation information technology systems. Complies and enforces the administration of corporate policies and procedures.
5. Works with respective hardware and software vendors and hospital departments to install and maintain the software infrastructure and operating systems.
6. Assists in developing training materials and coordinates training of users for their respective software applications.
7. EMR and Enterprise Wide System Support
a) Provide answers to general questions regarding software functions.
b) Apply patches or enhancements with testing.
c) Troubleshoot program problems to identify source.
d) Create trouble tickets to submit to vendor
e) Monitor incoming help desk tickets and resolve issues assigned to you as directed.
B. Maintenance 25%
1. Manages, plans, develops and assists with updates and maintenance of software and operating systems to current release/version acceptable levels
2. Coordinates with impacted users for training, documentation and controls.
3. Updates training materials and operations manuals for respective software and system administration applications.
4. Assists with updates and maintenance of software and operating systems to current release/version acceptable levels.
5. Updates documentation related to custom programs and queries developed.
C. User and management liaison 15%
1. Communicates current and ongoing research and findings, project status and reporting of various other IS activities via oral and written reports to appropriate user and management personnel.
2. Studies and assists in coordinating the standardization of software and controls within the hospitals to optimize maintenance costs and enhance training and reporting compatibility.
3. Assist in the planning and implementation of IS policies and procedures to meet HHSC and other required standards.
4. Assists in the review and evaluation of the network.
D. General responsibilities 10%
1. Prepares and maintains user documents including software policies and procedures for operations, programming standards. 2. Assists, evaluates and coordinates plans and projects for sharing information with other hospital facilities.
3. Other duties as assigned to support the mission of HHSC.
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four (4) year college or university. Excess experience of the types and quality described below or any administrative, professional, technical, or other responsible work which required a high degree of analytical skill may be substituted for training on a year-for-year basis.
Specialized Experience Requirement: Three and a half years (3 ½) of progressively responsible work experience in information technology which involved the systems analysis, design, programming, security and access management, database design and management, consulting, and/or installing and maintaining computer software applications, hardware, telecommunications, and web or network infrastructure equipment. The work must have demonstrated knowledge and understanding of information technology principles, methods, techniques and practices; computer hardware, software and peripheral equipment; and personal computer, server, mini and/or mainframe operating systems.
Substitution For Specialized Experience: Supervisory and/or administrative experience of the types and quality described below may be substituted for specialized experience on a year-for-year basis.
1. Supervisory Experience: Experience in computer systems analysis and/or computer programming which included: 1) Planning and directing the work of others; 2) Assigning and reviewing their work; 3) Advising them on difficult and complex problem areas; and 4) Timing and scheduling their work.
2. Administrative Experience: Experience in computer systems analysis or computer programming work which included, in addition to providing overall technical guidance and leadership, the responsibility for planning, directing and coordinating the activities of a major data processing systems. The experience must show active participation in and full responsibility for such administrative functions as 1) program evaluation; 2) development of budgetary justification; and 3) policy formulation and implementation.
Selective Certification Requirement: Applicants must be willing and able to travel extensively between all HHSC facilities as required to implement the Electronic Medical Records (EMR) project.
A. Education preferred - a bachelor’s degree in computer science or management information systems from an accredited college or university.
B. Experience preferred - 3 years experience in specialized experience in computer systems analysis which involved the analysis and design of systems for electronic processing of data.
C. Experience preferred includes experience and basic knowledge in the following environment and systems:
- Experience in system support, creating reports and HTML.
- Experience and a high level of competency in installation, configuration, administration and support of PCs.
- Experience installing and administering Windows servers and workstations and Exchange serve.
- High level of competency with the installation and use of MS Office suite applications.
D. Experience preferred includes experience and basic knowledge in the following applications:
- General MS Office Professional Application software – Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Outlook, SQL.
- General support applications – MS Project. VISIO
- Crystal reporting
E. Preferred hands on experience in the following activities:
- Troubleshooting and resolving user identified software problems.
- Experience in the generation of training manuals, operations manuals, newsletters and other IS associated documents.
Working Conditions: The position will work in an office environment with prolonged sitting and extended periods of working with a personal computer and in meetings with various users and vendors of the automated systems.
HOW TO APPLY: If you are interested in this position, please submit an on-line application by clicking on the "APPLY NOW". You will be prompted to create your online account or access to your existing account. A RESUME must be submitted or emailed to email@example.com.
Applications are also available at the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation, Human Resources Office, 3675 Kilauea Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96816. You can call (808) 733-4162, (Voice/TT), Toll Free (800) 845-6733, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at www.hhsc.org. Application hours are: 08:00 am – 12:00 pm at which time applicants are able to complete an application and have their application reviewed by the Corporate Human Resources Office. Only applicants that have been through a Human Resources (HR) applicant screening process will be considered for an interview with a hiring manager. Applications for announcements with a deadline date must be on file no later than the last day to file applications.
QUALITY OF EXPERIENCE: Possession of the required amount of experience will not in itself be accepted as proof of qualification for the position. Overall paid or unpaid experience must have been of such scope and responsibility as to conclusively demonstrate that you have the ability to perform the duties of this position. Provide a detailed description of your duties and responsibilities. If you worked on a part-time basis, indicate the average number of hours worked per week. Please note that experience will be based on a 40-hour workweek. Note: We will not postpone the recruitment process because of your failure to provide accurate and complete information concerning your qualifications.
MERIT OR CIVIL SERVICE SYSTEM: You must meet the minimum qualification requirements, including education, experience, other public employment requirements for State Civil Service employment, and HHSC Standards of Fitness. Only those applicants that are scheduled for an interview with the hiring manager will be contacted. Applications will be kept active for six (6) months.
CITIZENSHIP AND RESIDENCE REQUIREMENT: Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. and at the time of appointment intend to reside in the State of Hawaii during the course of employment with the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation.
VETERAN’S PREFERENCE: If you are claiming Veteran’s Preference, you must submit a copy of your DD214 and/or other substantiating documents specifying the periods of your service.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must be able to physically and mentally perform efficiently the duties of the position. Qualified applicants with disabilities who can perform the essential functions of the advertised position are encouraged to apply. The Hawaii Health Systems Corporation is committed to making reasonable accommodations on a case-by-case basis. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation should be ready to discuss the accommodation sought so that a determination can be made that such accommodation is reasonable and would not cause the employer undue hardship.
PHYSICAL EXAMINATION REQUIREMENT: Offers of employment will be conditioned on the results of a complete physical examination, which includes a drug screening. For certain job categories, applicants may be referred to an HHSC-designated physician, rather than the applicant’s personal physician of choice. The cost for all physical examinations, except the cost for the drug screening, shall be borne by the applicant and not the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation. The Hawaii Health Systems Corporation shall bear the cost of the drug screening.
CRIMINAL/BACKGROUND, CREDENTIALING CHECKS: Applicable checks will be conducted periodically and any associated costs may be borne by the applicant. If a job offer is made or employment is begun prior to completion of all applicable checks, any offer of employment or continued employment is contingent upon satisfactory return of all required checks.
STEPS TO AN ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW, SUBSEQUENT APPEALS: If you do not agree with a decision made by the Employment Office as to your non-qualification or non-selection for a position, you may complete a Request for Administrative Review form (available on the HHSC website) or you may submit a written request within twenty (20) days from the date of your sent notice to the Regional Chief Executive Officer/Designee. Your letter requesting the Administrative Review must include 1. The job title(s) and recruitment number(s), 2. the specific reason(s) you are requesting the review noting if there is a statute or rule violation, and 3. any additional information you want to submit to substantiate your request. If you do not submit your request within the twenty (20) days deadline, no Administrative Review will be conducted. Since the Administrative Review is a prerequisite to subsequent steps, failure to utilize this process will make you ineligible for subsequent appeals. The administrative review, formal complaint and/or appeals hearing will not necessarily postpone the recruitment process and/or rescind a selection. If you do not agree with the Administrative Review, you may file a Formal Complaint and then, if you are still not satisfied, you can appeal to the HHSC Merit Appeals Board.
The Corporate office of the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation is located at Leahi Hospital, 3675 Kilauea Avenue Honolulu, HI 96816.
For additional information, call (808) 733-4162 or Toll-free (800) 845-6733 (TTD/TTY) or e-mail email@example.com.
PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES MAY CONTACT THE RECRUITMENT OFFICER AT (808) 733-4162 (TTD/TTY), OR Toll-free (800) 845-6733, OR EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org TO DISCUSS SPECIAL NEEDS IN APPLYING.