The Applications Manager position provides direct ongoing supervision and leadership to the Help Desk area relating to financial/revenue cycle applications and change management. This position has the responsibility for overseeing issues submitted from the regional end users and working directly with the Regional Chief Financial Officers and Corporate to address issues. This position provides recommendations on resolving issues and standardize changes across the enterprise.
POSITION NO: 109504
DATE POSTED: 07/08/14
LOCATION: Hawaii Health Systems Corporation (HHSC), Honolulu, Hawaii
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Management and Leadership Duties
- Manages overall operations of the financial/revenue cycle Help Desk area, oversees a team who addresses tickets and issues from the regional end users and resolves financial/revenue cycle related issues of the entire workforce of HHSC in a timely manner. Monitors customer service reports and identifies potential customer service problems and seeks immediate resolutions. Develops an effective and workable framework for managing and improving customer IT support in the organization.
- Produce weekly and monthly reporting on key Help Desk issues and drives improvements to key Service Desk services.
- Provide routine feedback and best practices to supervisor and management.
- Collaborates with internal resources and vendor partners to ensure the staff is up to date on knowledge and changes in the environment.
- Ensures that all requests or escalations are handled in an appropriate timeframe.
- Develop and ensure that all contracted/agreed service levels are met for each element of service(s) delivered.
- Pro-actively drive and implement service improvements, innovation and efficiencies into the Help Desk and other support teams. Own and manage financial and operations metrics as it relates to the financial/revenue cycle Help Desk operations.
- Work in a highly matrixed environment and be able to manage third party service providers, coordinate activities across multiple providers and have strong communication skills.
- Responsible for managing the system wide budget for the financial/revenue cycle Help Desk operations.
- Develop policies, procedures, and standard reports for identifying and/or verifying potential breech of information security, confidentiality, and privacy.
B. Supervisory and Other Related Duties
- Performs performance evaluations and recommends personnel actions in areas of performance, evaluation, training, selection and disciplinary measures. Ensures that appropriate policies and procedures are followed by subordinates.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent work experience. A degree in computer science, management information system, electrical engineering or a closely related field is preferred.
Experience: Five (5) years general experience with function pertaining to managing information systems projects, applications, strategic planning, quality control support, managing end-user functions including training and support or relevant operational experience. Three (3) years management information experience in a hospital setting.
Certification, Licensure: None.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
WORKING CONDITION/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of: Advanced functions for the core hardware and software components that comprise complex large systems or enterprise networks. Analysis and evaluation techniques to plan, design, integrate, implement, maintain and troubleshoot large complex systems or networks across similar and dissimilar technology platforms; practices of supervision, project management and training; intranet and Internet technologies and supporting an infrastructure for an Electronic Medical Record system and disaster recovery. Customer service principles, evaluation approaches, and tools.
- Ability to: Determine the systems or networking requirements to plan for or enhance the core information systems needs for the Enterprise system or network; communicate effectively; manage and direct a group of workers; advise and interpret policies, procedures and standards. Plan, develop, measure and manage projects through business requirements analysis and operational management. Communicate effectively with both technical staff as well as non-technical customers. Strong issue and conflict resolution skills.
Work will be performed in an office setting. Incumbent will be required to attend numerous meetings, at locations throughout Oahu and throughout the State of Hawaii, and potentially the mainland United States. Travel may require occasional overnight stays of one or more days out of town, or out of state. Light lifting and carrying of papers and books will occasionally be required. On some occasions, and possibly on short notice, throughout the year the incumbent may be required to work additional hours.
Note: Exceptions may be granted as deemed appropriate in determining qualifications.
To apply and to submit an application, click on APPLY NOW
and indicate your SALARY REQUIREMENT
and CONTACT INFORMATION FOR 3 WORK REFERENCES.
Please submit/email a copy of your resume to email@example.com
HOW TO APPLY: If you are interested in this position, just click on the"APPLY NOW" link. You will be prompted to either create your online account or access to your existing account.
Applications are also available at the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation, Human Resources Office, 3675 Kilauea Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96816. You can call (808) 733-4162, (Voice/TT), Toll Free (800) 845-6733, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit our website at www.hhsc.org. Application hours are: 08:00 am – 12:00 pm at which time applicants are able to complete an application and have their application reviewed by the Corporate Human Resources Office. Only applicants that have been through a Human Resources (HR) applicant screening process will be considered for an interview with a hiring manager. Applications for announcements with a deadline date must be on file no later than the last day to file applications.
QUALITY OF EXPERIENCE: Possession of the required amount of experience will not in itself be accepted as proof of qualification for the position. Overall paid or unpaid experience must have been of such scope and responsibility as to conclusively demonstrate that you have the ability to perform the duties of this position. Provide a detailed description of your duties and responsibilities. If you worked on a part-time basis, indicate the average number of hours worked per week. Please note that experience will be based on a 40-hour workweek. Note: We will not postpone the recruitment process because of your failure to provide accurate and complete information concerning your qualifications.
MERIT OR CIVIL SERVICE SYSTEM: You must meet the minimum qualification requirements, including education, experience, other public employment requirements for State Civil Service employment, and HHSC Standards of Fitness. Only those applicants that are scheduled for an interview with the hiring manager will be contacted. Applications will be kept active for six (6) months.
CITIZENSHIP AND RESIDENCE REQUIREMENT: Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. and at the time of appointment intend to reside in the State of Hawaii during the course of employment with the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation.
VETERAN’S PREFERENCE: If you are claiming Veteran’s Preference, you must submit a copy of your DD214 and/or other substantiating documents specifying the periods of your service.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must be able to physically and mentally perform efficiently the duties of the position. Qualified applicants with disabilities who can perform the essential functions of the advertised position are encouraged to apply. The Hawaii Health Systems Corporation is committed to making reasonable accommodations on a case-by-case basis. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation should be ready to discuss the accommodation sought so that a determination can be made that such accommodation is reasonable and would not cause the employer undue hardship.
PHYSICAL EXAMINATION REQUIREMENT: Offers of employment will be conditioned on the results of a complete physical examination, which includes a drug screening. For certain job categories, applicants may be referred to an HHSC-designated physician, rather than the applicant’s personal physician of choice. The cost for all physical examinations, except the cost for the drug screening, shall be borne by the applicant and not the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation. The Hawaii Health Systems Corporation shall bear the cost of the drug screening.
CRIMINAL/BACKGROUND, CREDENTIALING CHECKS: Applicable checks will be conducted periodically and any associated costs may be borne by the applicant. If a job offer is made or employment is begun prior to completion of all applicable checks, any offer of employment or continued employment is contingent upon satisfactory return of all required checks.
STEPS TO AN ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW, SUBSEQUENT APPEALS: If you do not agree with a decision made by the Employment Office as to your non-qualification or non-selection for a position, you may complete a Request for Administrative Review form (available on the HHSC website) or you may submit a written request within twenty (20) days from the date of your sent notice to the Regional Chief Executive Officer/Designee. Your letter requesting the Administrative Review must include 1. The job title(s) and recruitment number(s), 2. the specific reason(s) you are requesting the review noting if there is a statute or rule violation, and 3. any additional information you want to submit to substantiate your request. If you do not submit your request within the twenty (20) days deadline, no Administrative Review will be conducted. Since the Administrative Review is a prerequisite to subsequent steps, failure to utilize this process will make you ineligible for subsequent appeals. The administrative review, formal complaint and/or appeals hearing will not necessarily postpone the recruitment process and/or rescind a selection. If you do not agree with the Administrative Review, you may file a Formal Complaint and then, if you are still not satisfied, you can appeal to the HHSC Merit Appeals Board.
The Corporate office of the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation is located at Leahi Hospital, 3675 Kilauea Avenue Honolulu, HI 96816.
For additional information, call (808) 733-4162 or Toll-free (800) 845-6733 (TTD/TTY) or e-mail email@example.com.
PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES MAY CONTACT THE RECRUITMENT OFFICER AT (808) 733-4162 (TTD/TTY), OR Toll-free (800) 845-6733, OR EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org TO DISCUSS SPECIAL NEEDS IN APPLYING.