Hawaii Health Systems Corporation
DATE POSTED: September 28, 2016
POSITION NO. #57284
STATUS: Full-time (Temporary w/ Benefits)
SALARY: $5,255 – $7,778, NSS 7/1/17 (SR26 C-M)
LOCATION: Hawaii Health Systems Corporation (HHSC) Corporate Office, Honolulu, Hawaii
Must be available to work on a rotating shiftwork, including holidays, evenings and be on call (standy) as required.
I. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Administrative Functions
1. Responsible for the supervision, and management of 24×7 HD operations. Coordinates, and directs the work of the HD analysts.
2. Responsible for 24×7 staff coverage for HD. Creates, oversees and monitors the HD employee work schedule. Work schedules follow union contract rules and minimize the use of overtime. Directs changes as necessary.
3. Responsible for working with vendor support, application owner and users to ensure the application is maintained and all error conditions are resolved in a timely manner.
4. Oversees and monitors helpdesk operations ensuring that users are properly responded to; user issues are clearly described; helpdesk tickets for issues are created, correctly categorized and dispatched.
5. Prepares, updates and maintains documents to include, but not limited to: Policies and procedures for operations; Systems information and configuration management; Operational and security logs; Asset and software license inventory.
6. Complies with and enforces administration of corporation policies and procedures among I.S. personnel at the facilities.
7. Prepares regular activity and status reports.
8. Actively participates in budget preparation and monitoring.
B. Technical & Audit Controls
1. Perform daily inspection of help desk to ensure proper operation.
2. Reviews and evaluates quality of service for accuracy and completeness. Advises or assists Help Desk analysts in resolving customer issues.
3. Responsible for overseeing and monitoring all aspects of Help Desk operations and communicate with responsible managers, groups, and/or resources to meet service level agreement.
4. Responsible for reviewing tickets to identify recurring problems/incidents and work with the Help Desk to create Knowledge Base articles, solutions, and/or work-around documentation.
C. User and Management Liaison
1. Provide level-one contact and problem resolution for all users with desktop and mobile device software, application, and hardware problems. Resolve as many user-reported problems as expertise permits using available tools and following procedures and policies for the handling of support cases.
2. Provide accurate and timely logging of problems and resolution for problems in the Help Desk problem management database.
3. Escalate problems as appropriate following helpdesk procedures.
4. Act as a liaison between customers and internal support staff to assure accurate problem interpretation. Maintain communications with customer during the problem resolution process.
5. Utilizes superior customer service skills when dealing with customers and support staff.
6. Works with users and other systems analyst to provide the most efficient and reliable analytical support and service to HHSC facilities and their user departments through the functional application and technical components that make up the Hospital Information System.
D. General Responsibilities
1. Assists in the implementation and enforcement of I.S. policies and procedures to meet corporate and accreditation standards.
2. Prepares and maintains documents including policies, procedures and logs for operations, interfaces, network and programming standards.
3. Assists, evaluates and coordinates plans and projects for sharing information with other HHSC facilities.
4. Assists in the review and evaluation of the information technology systems and its components.
5. Assists CDC operations as needed.
II. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION, LICENSE
A. Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four (4) year college or university.
B. Experience: Three and one-half (3-1/2) years of progressively responsible work experience in computer systems analysis which involved the analysis and design of systems for electronic processing of data; or stored computer programming experience which included participation in systems analysis.
One (1) year of Supervisory Experience: Work experience which demonstrated the applicant’s knowledge of and ability to apply the principles, practices, techniques and methods of supervision including: (1) planning, organizing and directing the work of others; (2) assigning and reviewing work; (3) advising others on difficult work problems; (4) timing and scheduling work; and (5) training and developing employees.
C. Certification – None required. Project manager or other IT certification referred.
D. License – None required.
III. DESIRED SKILLS
A. Education preferred – a bachelor’s degree in computer science or management information systems from an accredited college or university or equivalent.
B. Experience preferred – 5 years experience in specialized experience in computer systems analysis and design of systems for electronic processing of data. Three and one-half (3-1/2) years of experience in a healthcare of healthcare support facility.
C. Experience preferred includes experience and basic knowledge in the following applications:
1. General MS Office Professional Application software – Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Outlook, SQL.
2. General support applications – MS Project. VISIO
D. Preferred hands on experience in the following activities:
1. Troubleshooting and resolving user identified software problems.
2. Experience in the generation of training manuals, operations manuals, newsletters and other I.T. associated documents.
IV. WORKING CONDITIONS
Applicants should be able to function in a cooler than usual air conditioned environment; safely lift up to sixty (60) pounds utilizing proper body mechanics; be available to work any of three day shifts (D, E, N), on a rotating basis, including holidays and be on call (standby) as required.
HOW TO APPLY: For application information, please click on the links below:
- Application Information
For additional information, call (808) 733-4158 or Toll-free (800) 845-6733 (TTD/TTY) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please complete our HHSC Employment Application form even if you are submitting your RESUME.
Applications are also available at the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation, Human Resources Office, 3675 Kilauea Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96816. You can call (808) 733-4158, (Voice/TT), Toll Free (800) 845-6733, e-mail: email@example.com or visit our website at www.hhsc.org. Application hours are: 08:00 am – 12:00 pm at which time applicants are able to complete an application and have their application reviewed by the Corporate Human Resources Office. Only applicants that have been through a Human Resources (HR) applicant screening process will be considered for an interview with a hiring manager. Applications for announcements with a deadline date must be on file no later than the last day to file applications.
QUALITY OF EXPERIENCE: Possession of the required amount of experience will not in itself be accepted as proof of qualification for the position. Overall paid or unpaid experience must have been of such scope and responsibility as to conclusively demonstrate that you have the ability to perform the duties of this position. Provide a detailed description of your duties and responsibilities. If you worked on a part-time basis, indicate the average number of hours worked per week. Please note that experience will be based on a 40-hour workweek. Note: We will not postpone the recruitment process because of your failure to provide accurate and complete information concerning your qualifications.
MERIT OR CIVIL SERVICE SYSTEM: You must meet the minimum qualification requirements, including education, experience, other public employment requirements for State Civil Service employment, and HHSC Standards of Fitness. Only those applicants that are scheduled for an interview with the hiring manager will be contacted. Applications will be kept active six (6) months.
CITIZENSHIP AND RESIDENCE REQUIREMENT: Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. and at the time of appointment intend to reside in the State of Hawaii during the course of employment with the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation.
VETERAN’S PREFERENCE: If you are claiming Veteran’s Preference, you must submit a copy of your DD214 and/or other substantiating documents specifying the periods of your service.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must be able to physically and mentally perform efficiently the duties of the position. Qualified applicants with disabilities who can perform the essential functions of the advertised position are encouraged to apply. The Hawaii Health Systems Corporation is committed to making reasonable accommodations on a case-by-case basis. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodations should be ready to discuss the accommodation sought so that a determination can be made that such accommodation is reasonable and would not cause the employer undue hardship.
PHYSICAL EXAMINATION REQUIREMENT: Offers of employment will be conditioned on the results of a complete physical examination, which includes a drug screening. For certain job categories, applicants may be referred to an HHSC-designated physician, rather that the applicant’s personal physician of choice. The cost for all physical examinations, except the cost for the drug screening, shall be borne by the applicant and not the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation. The Hawaii Health Systems Corporation shall bear the cost of the drug screening.
CRIMINAL/BACKGROUND, CREDENTIALING CHECKS: Applicable checks will be conducted periodically and any associated costs may be borne by the applicant. If a job offer is made or employment is begun prior to completion of all applicable checks, any offer of employment or continued employment is contingent upon satisfactory return of all required checks.
STEPS TO AN ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW, SUBSEQUENT APPEALS: If you do not agree with a decision made by the Employment Office as to your non-qualification or non-selection for a position, you may complete a Request for Administrative Review form (available on the HHSC website) or you may submit a written request within twenty (20) days from the date of your sent notice to the Regional Chief Executive Officer/Designee. Your letter requesting the Administrative Review must include 1. The job title(s) and recruitment number(s), 2. the specific reason(s) you are requesting the review noting if there is statute or rule violation, and 3. any additional information you want to submit to substantiate your request. If you do not submit your request within the twenty (20) days deadline, no Administrative Review will be conducted. Since the Administrative Review is a prerequisite to subsequent steps, failure to utilize this process will make you ineligible for subsequent appeals. The administrative review, formal complaint and/or appeals hearing will not necessarily postpone the recruitment process and/or rescind a selection. If you do not agree with the Administrative Review, you may file a Formal Compliant and then, if you are still not satisfied, you can appeal to the HHSC Merit Appeals Board.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION/EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION
- Steps to an Administrative Review, subsequent appeals
- Important Information
- Request for Administrative Review form
The Corporate office of the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation is located at Leahi Hospital, 3675 Kilauea Avenue Honolulu, HI 96816.
For additional information, call (808) 733-4158 or Toll-free (800) 845-6733 (TTD/TTY) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES MAY CONTACT THE RECRUITMENT OFFICER AT (808) 733-4158 (TTD/TTY), OR Toll-free (800) 845-6733, OR EMAIL email@example.com TO DISCUSS SPECIAL NEEDS IN APPLYING.
Revised 06/29/2017; 07/01/2017 (salary information)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org