Hawaii Health Systems Corproation
Date Posted: December 1, 2017
POSITION No.: 57869
SALARY: $44,292 – $65,568 (SR-18, Step C-M)
LOCATION: Hawaii Health Systems Corporation (HHSC), Corporate Office, Honolulu, Hawaii
*Must be available to work on a rotating shiftwork, including holidays, evenings and be on call (standby) as required.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. User and Management Liaison, 50%
- Assist in providing level-one contact and problem resolution for all users with desktop and mobile device software, application, and hardware problems. Resolve as many user-reported problems as expertise permits using available tools and following procedures and policies for the handling of support cases.
- Provide accurate and timely logging of problems and resolution for problems in the HelpSTAR problem management database.
- Escalate problems as appropriate following helpdesk procedures.
- Act as a liaison between customers and internal support staff to assure accurate problem interpretation. Maintain communications with customer during the problem resolution process.
- Utilizes superior customer service skills when dealing with customers and support staff.
- Works with users and other systems analyst to provide the most efficient and reliable analytical support and service to HHSC facilities and their user departments through the functional application and technical components that make up the Hospital Information System.
B. Data Center Operations Support , 40%
- Performs day to day monitoring of HHSC server, network, and data center infrastructure interface engines and other computing systems. Include physical inspections of devices, cabinets, and rooms, including power, UPS/generators, cooling, fire suppression, and other related equipment.
- Performs troubleshooting, resolving, and/or escalating to appropriate resources of incidents within HHSC data center locations.
- Coordinates and assists in the implementation of information technology hardware and software solutions including installation, configuration, testing, training, documentation and controls to insure secured and proper functioning of the systems.
- Maintains regular inventory audits of data center equipment.
- Communicates current and ongoing research and findings, project status and reporting of various other I.T. activities via oral and written reports to appropriate user and management personnel.
- Assists in the analysis and coordination of standardization of information systems and controls within the HHSC facilities to optimize maintenance costs and enhance training and reporting compatibility.
C. General Responsibilities, 10%
- Assists in the implementation and enforcement of I.T. policies and procedures to meet corporate and accreditation standards.
- Assists in preparing and maintaining documents including policies, procedures and logs for operations, interfaces, network and programming standards.
- Assists, evaluates and coordinates plans and projects for sharing information with other HHSC facilities.
- Assists in the review and evaluation of the information technology systems and its components.
- Other duties as assigned to support the mission of HHSC.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four (4) year college or university.
Experience: One half (1/2) years of progressively responsible work experience in computer systems analysis which involved the analysis and design of systems for electronic processing of data; or stored computer programming experience which included participation in systems analysis.
Certification: MCITP, Microsoft Office, VCA-DT, ITIL, a+, or Network+ preferred.
License: None required.
- Education preferred – a bachelor’s degree in computer science or management information systems from an accredited college or university.
- Experience preferred – 3 years’ experience in a Microsoft desktop and server environment; experience with Windows XP, Windows 7, and mobile device a plus. Experience resolving end user issuers via remote software a plus. At least 1 year in a healthcare or healthcare support facility.
- Experience preferred includes experience and basic knowledge in the following environment and systems:
- Experience in a LAN and WAN preferably in an environment which includes a minicomputer host.
- Experience in installation, configuration, administration and support of server and network devices with a data center.
- Basic understanding of data center operational technologies to insure appropriate monitoring of HHSC computing facilities.
- Experience preferred includes experience and basic knowledge in the following applications:
- General MS Office Professional Application software – Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Outlook.
- General support application – MS Project, VISIO.
- IBM Midrange or similar computer systems.
- Other applications – Electronic Medical Record
- Preferred hands on experience in the following activities:
- Troubleshooting and resolving user identified software and applications.
- Experience and a high level of competency in PCs including hardware configuration and installation.
The position will work in an office environment with prolonged sitting and extended periods of working with a personal computer and in meetings with various users and vendors of the automated systems. Position also requires a full range of movement to lead and assist in occasional installation of cables, PCs and other electronic equipment in various facilities.
HOW TO APPLY: For application information, please click on the links below:
Please complete our HHSC Employment Application form even if you are submitting your RESUME.
Applications are also available at the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation, Human Resources Office, 3675 Kilauea Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96816. You can call (808) 733-4162, (Voice/TT), Toll Free (800) 845-6733, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at www.hhsc.org. Application hours are: 08:00 am – 12:00 pm at which time applicants are able to complete an application and have their application reviewed by the Corporate Human Resources Office. Only applicants that have been through a Human Resources (HR) applicant screening process will be considered for an interview with a hiring manager. Applications for announcements with a deadline date must be on file no later than the last day to file applications.
For additional information, call (808) 733-4162 or Toll-free (800) 845-6733 (TTD/TTY) or e-mail email@example.com.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION/EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION
- Important Information
- Steps to an Administrative Review, subsequent appeals
- Request for Administrative Review form
The Corporate office of the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation is located at Leahi Hospital, 3675 Kilauea Avenue Honolulu, HI 96816. For additional information, call (808) 733-4162 or Toll-free (800) 845-6733 (TTD/TTY) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES MAY CONTACT THE RECRUITMENT OFFICER AT (808) 733-4162 (TTD/TTY), OR Toll-free (800) 845-6733, OR EMAIL email@example.com TO DISCUSS SPECIAL NEEDS IN APPLYING.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org