Hawaii Health Systems Corporation
DATE POSTED: May 16, 2018
POSITION NO: 57858
JOB STATUS: Permanent/Full-Time w/ benefits
SALARY: $4,968 – $7,354, month (SR-24 Step C – M) (NSS Eff. 7/1/18)
LOCATION: Hawaii Health Systems Corporation – Corporate IT, Honolulu, Hawaii
This position will serve as a virtualization/storage network support analyst and as the liaison between the Information Technology Department and the users of the automated systems of the State Hospitals and the HHSC Information Technology Department. This position will be located in the HHSC IT Department.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Systems Administration and Implementation (40%)
- Provides and implements information technology solutions to various business problems based on existing and future network infrastructure to meet application and functional user requirements in the virtual environment.
- Oversees and monitors the EMC production storage environment as well as the Avamar Corporate backup solution and off site Disaster Recovery site storage.
- Coordinate installation, configuration, administration and support of Vmware Vsphere, and VMware View.
- Performs and coordinates the implementation of network hardware and software solutions including installation, configuration, training, documentation and controls to insure secured and proper functioning of the systems.
- Analyzes, plans, develops and coordinates the network and system administrative duties for the corporation information technology systems. Complies and enforces the administration of corporate policies and procedures.
- Works with respective hardware and software vendors and hospital departments to install and maintain the network infrastructure systems.
- Manages, plans, develops and assists with updates and maintenance of network hardware and operating software systems to current release/version acceptable levels.
- Monitors the daily operational system and network administration of the virtualized Corporate information systems.
- Updates training materials and operations manuals for respective network and system administration applications.
User and Management Liaison (20%)
- Provide technical direction and assistance to all users of Information Systems at the various HHSC facilities.
- Assist and coordinates the standardization of information systems within the State hospitals to optimize maintenance costs and enhance training and reporting compatibility.
- Assist in the planning, implementation and enforcement of I.T. policies and procedures to meet Corporate and accreditation standards.
- Assists in the review and evaluation of the network.
General Responsibilities (10%)
- Communicate current project status and various other I.T. activities via oral and written reports to appropriate user and management personnel.
- Generates user documents including policies and procedures for operations, network and programming standards.
- Represents corporate office on the HHITS committee.
- Other duties as assigned to support the mission of HHSC.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION, LICENSE
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four (4) year college.
Experience: Three and one half (3-1/2) years of progressively responsible work experience in information technology which involved the systems analysis, design, programming, security and access management, database design and management, consulting, and/or installing and maintaining computer software applications, hardware, telecommunications, and web or network infrastructure equipment.
The work must have demonstrated knowledge and understanding of information technology principles, methods, techniques and practices; computer hardware, software and peripheral equipment; and personal computer, server, mini and/or mainframe operating systems. At least one year of the required specialized experience must have been at the fully competent level comparable to the Information Technology Specialist III level.
Certification – None required.
License – None required.
- Education preferred – a bachelor’s degree in computer science or management information systems from an accredited college or university
- Experience preferred – 3 years experience in specialized experience in virtualized computer systems which involved meeting users’ requirements through the support of a network infrastructure for the electronic processing of data with preferably at least 1 year in a healthcare or healthcare support facility.
- Experience preferred includes experience and basic knowledge in the following environment and systems:
- Experience in deploying and configuring thin clients in a virtual LAN and WAN environment
- Experience in installation, configuration, administration and support of Vmware Vsphere, Vmotion and P2V.
- High level of competency with the use of MS Office suite applications.
- Preferred hands on experience in the following activities:
- Troubleshooting and resolving user identified network problems.
- System software implementation and upgrades – load, modifications, test and cutover.
- Experience and a high level of competency in PCs including hardware configuration and installation.
- Experience in the generation of training manuals, operations manuals, newsletters and other I.T. associated documents.
HOW TO APPLY: For application Information, please click on the links below:
Please complete our HHSC Employment Application form even if you are submitting your RESUME.
Only applicants that have been through a Human Resources (HR) applicant screening process will be considered for an interview with the hiring manager. Applications for announcements with a deadline date must be on file no later than the last day to file applications. Applications received for positions with “Continuous Recruitment Until Needs are Met” will be accepted as long as there are vacancies. Inactive/filled announcements will be taken off the HHSC website.
Applications are available at the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation, Human Resources Office, 3675 Kilauea Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96816. You can call (808) 733-4158, (Voice/TT), Toll Free (800) 845-6733, e-mail: email@example.com or visit our website at www.hhsc.org.
Application hours are: 08:00 am – 12:00 pm at which time applicants are able to complete an application and have their application reviewed by the Corporate Human Resources Office. Only applicants that have been through a Human Resources (HR) applicant screening process will be considered for an interview with a hiring manager.
QUALITY OF EXPERIENCE: Possession of the required amount of experience will not in itself be accepted as proof of qualification for the position. Overall paid or unpaid experience must have been of such scope and responsibility as to conclusively demonstrate that you have the ability to perform the duties of this position. Provide a detailed description of your duties and responsibilities. If you worked on a part-time basis, indicate the average number of hours worked per week. Please note that experience will be based on a 40-hour workweek. Note: We will not postpone the recruitment process because of your failure to provide accurate and complete information concerning your qualifications.
MERIT OR CIVIL SERVICE SYSTEM: You must meet the minimum qualification requirements, including education, experience, other public employment requirements for State Civil Service employment, and HHSC Standards of Fitness. Only those applicants that are scheduled for an interview with the hiring manager will be contacted. Applications will be kept active six (6) months.
CITIZENSHIP AND RESIDENCE REQUIREMENT: Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. and at the time of appointment intend to reside in the State of Hawaii during the course of employment with the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation.
VETERAN’S PREFERENCE: If you are claiming Veteran’s Preference, you must submit a copy of your DD214 and/or other substantiating documents specifying the periods of your service.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must be able to physically and mentally perform efficiently the duties of the position. Qualified applicants with disabilities who can perform the essential functions of the advertised position are encouraged to apply. The Hawaii Health Systems Corporation is committed to making reasonable accommodations on a case-by-case basis. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodations should be ready to discuss the accommodation sought so that a determination can be made that such accommodation is reasonable and would not cause the employer undue hardship.
PHYSICAL EXAMINATION REQUIREMENT: Offers of employment will be conditioned on the results of a complete physical examination, which includes a drug screening. For certain job categories, applicants may be referred to an HHSC-designated physician, rather that the applicant’s personal physician of choice. The cost for all physical examinations, except the cost for the drug screening, shall be borne by the applicant and not the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation. The Hawaii Health Systems Corporation shall bear the cost of the drug screening.
CRIMINAL/BACKGROUND, CREDENTIALING CHECKS: Applicable checks will be conducted periodically and any associated costs may be borne by the applicant. If a job, offer is made or employment is begun prior to completion of all applicable checks, any offer of employment or continued employment is contingent upon satisfactory return of all required checks.
Steps to an Administrative Review, subsequent appeals: If you do not agree with a decision made by the Employment Office as to your non-qualification or non-selection for a position, you may complete a Request for Administrative Review form (available on the HHSC website) or you may submit a written request within twenty (20) days from the date of your sent notice to the Regional Chief Executive Officer/Designee. Your letter requesting the Administrative Review must include: 1) The job title(s) and recruitment number(s), 2) the specific reason(s) you are requesting the review noting if there is statute or rule violation, and 3) any additional information you want to submit to substantiate your request. If you do not submit your request within the twenty (20) days deadline, no Administrative Review will be conducted. Since the Administrative Review is a prerequisite to subsequent steps, failure to utilize this process will make you ineligible for subsequent appeals. The administrative review, formal complaint and/or appeals hearing will not necessarily postpone the recruitment process and/or rescind a selection. If you do not agree with the Administrative Review, you may file a Formal Compliant and then, if you are still not satisfied, you can appeal to the HHSC Merit Appeals Board.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION/EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION
CONTACT INFORMATION: The Corporate office of the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation is located at Leahi Hospital, 3675 Kilauea Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96816. For employment opportunities, please contact the (808) 733-4158 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES MAY CONTACT THE RECRUITMENT OFFICE AT (808) 733-4158 (TTD/TTY), OR Toll-free (800) 845-6733, OR EMAIL TO DISCUSS SPECIAL NEEDS IN APPLYING.
Revised 06/29/2017; 07/01/2017; 07/01/2018 (salary information)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com