DATE POSTED: May 16, 2018
POSITION NO: 57858
JOB STATUS: Permanent, Full-Time w/ benefits
PAY RATE: $4,968 – $7,354, month (SR-24 Step C – M)
Revised 06/29/2017; 07/01/2017; 07/01/2018 (salary information)
LOCATION: Hawaii Health Systems Corporation – Corporate Office, Honolulu, Hawaii
This position will serve as a virtualization/storage network support analyst and as the liaison between the Information Technology Department and the users of the automated systems of the State Hospitals and the HHSC Information Technology Department. This position will be located in the HHSC IT Department.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Systems Administration and Implementation (40%)
- Provides and implements information technology solutions to various business problems based on existing and future network infrastructure to meet application and functional user requirements in the virtual environment.
- Oversees and monitors the EMC production storage environment as well as the Avamar Corporate backup solution and off site Disaster Recovery site storage.
- Coordinate installation, configuration, administration and support of Vmware Vsphere, and VMware View.
- Performs and coordinates the implementation of network hardware and software solutions including installation, configuration, training, documentation and controls to insure secured and proper functioning of the systems.
- Analyzes, plans, develops and coordinates the network and system administrative duties for the corporation information technology systems. Complies and enforces the administration of corporate policies and procedures.
- Works with respective hardware and software vendors and hospital departments to install and maintain the network infrastructure systems.
- Manages, plans, develops and assists with updates and maintenance of network hardware and operating software systems to current release/version acceptable levels.
- Monitors the daily operational system and network administration of the virtualized Corporate information systems.
- Updates training materials and operations manuals for respective network and system administration applications.
User and Management Liaison (20%)
- Provide technical direction and assistance to all users of Information Systems at the various HHSC facilities.
- Assist and coordinates the standardization of information systems within the State hospitals to optimize maintenance costs and enhance training and reporting compatibility.
- Assist in the planning, implementation and enforcement of I.T. policies and procedures to meet Corporate and accreditation standards.
- Assists in the review and evaluation of the network.
General Responsibilities (10%)
- Communicate current project status and various other I.T. activities via oral and written reports to appropriate user and management personnel.
- Generates user documents including policies and procedures for operations, network and programming standards.
- Represents corporate office on the HHITS committee.
- Other duties as assigned to support the mission of HHSC.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION, LICENSE
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four (4) year college.
Experience: Three and one half (3-1/2) years of progressively responsible work experience in information technology which involved the systems analysis, design, programming, security and access management, database design and management, consulting, and/or installing and maintaining computer software applications, hardware, telecommunications, and web or network infrastructure equipment.
The work must have demonstrated knowledge and understanding of information technology principles, methods, techniques and practices; computer hardware, software and peripheral equipment; and personal computer, server, mini and/or mainframe operating systems. At least one year of the required specialized experience must have been at the fully competent level comparable to the Information Technology Specialist III level.
Certification – None required.
License – None required.
- Education preferred – a bachelor’s degree in computer science or management information systems from an accredited college or university
- Experience preferred – 3 years experience in specialized experience in virtualized computer systems which involved meeting users’ requirements through the support of a network infrastructure for the electronic processing of data with preferably at least 1 year in a healthcare or healthcare support facility.
- Experience preferred includes experience and basic knowledge in the following environment and systems:
- Experience in deploying and configuring thin clients in a virtual LAN and WAN environment
- Experience in installation, configuration, administration and support of Vmware Vsphere, Vmotion and P2V.
- High level of competency with the use of MS Office suite applications.
- Preferred hands on experience in the following activities:
- Troubleshooting and resolving user identified network problems.
- System software implementation and upgrades – load, modifications, test and cutover.
- Experience and a high level of competency in PCs including hardware configuration and installation.
- Experience in the generation of training manuals, operations manuals, newsletters and other I.T. associated documents.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com