Hawaii Health Systems Corporation
SALARY: $4,859/month, NSS 7/1/17 (SR24C)
LOCATION: Hawaii Health Systems Corporation (HHSC), Corporate Office, Honolulu, Hawaii
Must be available to work on a rotating shiftwork, including holidays, evenings and be on call (standby) as required. Position will be filled as temporary, full-time with benefits.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Supervisory Functions
- Responsible for 24×7 staff coverage for CDC. Creates, oversees and monitors the CDC employee work schedule. Work schedules will be developed that follow union contract rules and minimize the use of overtime. Directs changes as necessary.
- Process jobs for and monitors the electronic billing/claims application. Responsible for working with vendor support, application owner and users to ensure the application is maintained and all error conditions are resolved in a timely manner.
- Directs and monitors daily operations of all critical applications, including, but not limited to accounts payable, general ledger, monthly processing, electronic billing and claims/remittance processing.
- Oversees and monitors status and operations of all critical information technology systems, services and interfaces. Ensures appropriate action is taken when notified of alarm or error conditions.
- Oversees and monitors helpdesk operations of legacy applications ensuring that users are properly responded to; user issues are clearly described; helpdesk tickets for issues are created, correctly categorized and dispatched.
- Develops and maintains scheduled processing requirements.
- Prepares, updates and maintains documents to include, but not limited to: Policies and procedures for operations; Systems information and configuration management; Operational and security logs; Asset and software license inventory.
- Complies with and enforces administration of corporation policies and procedures among I.S. personnel at the facilities.
- Prepares regular activity and status reports.
- Actively participates in budget preparation and monitoring.
B. Technical & Audit Controls
- Perform daily inspection of data center systems to ensure proper operation. Monitor, replace and purchase supplies to ensure adequate stock is available for continuous operation.
- Reviews and evaluates quality of output for accuracy and completeness. Reviews, evaluates and acts on equipment failure and error conditions. Advises or assists operators in locating and correcting unscheduled machine halts (i.e., program or equipment malfunction).
- Establishes data processing utilization, workload and scheduling reports for the efficiency of computer operations.
- Responsible for overseeing and monitoring the operation of all computer peripheral and communications equipment connected to the AS/400.
- Provide for control and integrity of all data files received, processed and produced by the corporate data center.
- Maintains accurate records on equipment utilization.
C. OTHER DUTIES
- Performs other related duties as directed.
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four (4) year college or university. Excess experience of the types and quality described below or any administrative, professional, analytical, technical, or other responsible work which provided knowledge, skills and abilities comparable to those acquired in four (4) years of successful study while completing a college or university curriculum leading to a baccalaureate degree may be substituted on a year-for-year basis. The education or experience background must also demonstrate the ability to write clear and comprehensive reports and other documents; read and interpret complex written material; and solve complex problems logically and systematically.
Specialized Experience: Three and one-half (3 1/2) years of progressively responsible work experience in information technology which involved the systems analysis, design, programming, security and access management, database design and management, consulting, and/or installing and maintaining computer software applications, hardware, telecommunications, and web or network infrastructure equipment. The work must have demonstrated knowledge and understanding of information technology principles, methods, techniques and practices; computer hardware, software and peripheral equipment; and personal computer, server, mini and/or mainframe operating systems.
1) Possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or in another major which included completion of course work comparable to a major in computer science may be substituted for six (6) months of the required Specialized Experience.
2) Partial completion of a master’s degree program in computer science from an accredited college or university may be substituted on a month-for-month basis up to a maximum of one (1) year for the required Specialized Experience.
3) Possession of a master’s degree in computer science from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one and one-half (1-1/2) years of the required Specialized Experience.
4) Possession of a Ph.D in computer science from an accredited college or university may be substituted for two and one-half (2-1/2) years of the required Specialized Experience.
5) Excess staff specialist and/or supervisory experience of the types and quality described above may be substituted for specialized experience on a year-for-year basis.
6) Excess technician experience comparable to an Information Systems Technician II or higher or comparable positions may be substituted for education on a year for year basis.
Certification: MCITP, Microsoft Office, VCA-DT, ITIL, a+, or Network+ preferred.
A. Education preferred – a bachelor’s degree in computer science or management information systems from an accredited college or university or equivalent.
B. Experience preferred – 5 years experience in specialized experience in computer systems analysis and design of systems for electronic processing of data. Must possess supervisory aptitude and at least 2 years in a healthcare or healthcare support facility (preferred).
C. Experience preferred includes experience and basic knowledge in the following environment and systems:
- Experience granting user access request in a multiple-facility environment is highly desirable.
- Experience and a high level of competency in Active Directory.
D. Experience preferred includes experience and basic knowledge in the following applications:
- General MS Office Professional Application software – Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Outlook, SQL.
- General support applications – MS Project. VISIO
E. Preferred hands on experience in the following activities:
- Troubleshooting and resolving user identified software problems.
- Experience in the generation of training manuals, operations manuals, newsletters and other I.T. associated documents.
Working Conditions: The position will work in an office environment with prolonged sitting and extended periods of working with a personal computer and in meetings with various users and vendors of the automated systems. Position also requires a full range of movement to lead and assist in occasional installation of cables, PCs and other electronic equipment in various facilities.
HOW TO APPLY: For application information, please click on the links below:
- Application Information
For additional information, call (808) 733-4162 or Toll-free (800) 845-6733 (TTD/TTY) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please complete our HHSC Employment Application form even if you are submitting your RESUME.
Applications are also available at the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation, Human Resources Office, 3675 Kilauea Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96816. You can call (808) 733-4162, (Voice/TT), Toll Free (800) 845-6733, e-mail: email@example.com or visit our website at www.hhsc.org. Application hours are: 08:00 am – 12:00 pm at which time applicants are able to complete an application and have their application reviewed by the Corporate Human Resources Office. Only applicants that have been through a Human Resources (HR) applicant screening process will be considered for an interview with a hiring manager. Applications for announcements with a deadline date must be on file no later than the last day to file applications.
QUALITY OF EXPERIENCE: Possession of the required amount of experience will not in itself be accepted as proof of qualification for the position. Overall paid or unpaid experience must have been of such scope and responsibility as to conclusively demonstrate that you have the ability to perform the duties of this position. Provide a detailed description of your duties and responsibilities. If you worked on a part-time basis, indicate the average number of hours worked per week. Please note that experience will be based on a 40-hour workweek. Note: We will not postpone the recruitment process because of your failure to provide accurate and complete information concerning your qualifications.
MERIT OR CIVIL SERVICE SYSTEM: You must meet the minimum qualification requirements, including education, experience, other public employment requirements for State Civil Service employment, and HHSC Standards of Fitness. Only those applicants that are scheduled for an interview with the hiring manager will be contacted. Applications will be kept active six (6) months.
CITIZENSHIP AND RESIDENCE REQUIREMENT: Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. and at the time of appointment intend to reside in the State of Hawaii during the course of employment with the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation.
VETERAN’S PREFERENCE: If you are claiming Veteran’s Preference, you must submit a copy of your DD214 and/or other substantiating documents specifying the periods of your service.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must be able to physically and mentally perform efficiently the duties of the position. Qualified applicants with disabilities who can perform the essential functions of the advertised position are encouraged to apply. The Hawaii Health Systems Corporation is committed to making reasonable accommodations on a case-by-case basis. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodations should be ready to discuss the accommodation sought so that a determination can be made that such accommodation is reasonable and would not cause the employer undue hardship.
PHYSICAL EXAMINATION REQUIREMENT: Offers of employment will be conditioned on the results of a complete physical examination, which includes a drug screening. For certain job categories, applicants may be referred to an HHSC-designated physician, rather that the applicant’s personal physician of choice. The cost for all physical examinations, except the cost for the drug screening, shall be borne by the applicant and not the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation. The Hawaii Health Systems Corporation shall bear the cost of the drug screening.
CRIMINAL/BACKGROUND, CREDENTIALING CHECKS: Applicable checks will be conducted periodically and any associated costs may be borne by the applicant. If a job offer is made or employment is begun prior to completion of all applicable checks, any offer of employment or continued employment is contingent upon satisfactory return of all required checks.
STEPS TO AN ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW, SUBSEQUENT APPEALS: If you do not agree with a decision made by the Employment Office as to your non-qualification or non-selection for a position, you may complete a Request for Administrative Review form (available on the HHSC website) or you may submit a written request within twenty (20) days from the date of your sent notice to the Regional Chief Executive Officer/Designee. Your letter requesting the Administrative Review must include 1. The job title(s) and recruitment number(s), 2. the specific reason(s) you are requesting the review noting if there is statute or rule violation, and 3. any additional information you want to submit to substantiate your request. If you do not submit your request within the twenty (20) days deadline, no Administrative Review will be conducted. Since the Administrative Review is a prerequisite to subsequent steps, failure to utilize this process will make you ineligible for subsequent appeals. The administrative review, formal complaint and/or appeals hearing will not necessarily postpone the recruitment process and/or rescind a selection. If you do not agree with the Administrative Review, you may file a Formal Compliant and then, if you are still not satisfied, you can appeal to the HHSC Merit Appeals Board.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION/EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION
- Steps to an Administrative Review, subsequent appeals
- Important Information
- Request for Administrative Review form
The Corporate office of the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation is located at Leahi Hospital, 3675 Kilauea Avenue Honolulu, HI 96816.
For additional information, call (808) 733-4158 or Toll-free (800) 845-6733 (TTD/TTY) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES MAY CONTACT THE RECRUITMENT OFFICER AT (808) 733-4158 (TTD/TTY), OR Toll-free (800) 845-6733, OR EMAIL email@example.com TO DISCUSS SPECIAL NEEDS IN APPLYING.
Revised 06/29/2017; 07/01/2017 (salary information)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org