DATE POSTED: 09/23/19; Revised 10/14/19
JOB TITLE: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST V (Network Support)
RECRUITMENT NO: HHSC 06-19 (Permanent, Full-Time)
JOB LOCATION: Hawaii Health Systems Corporation (HHSC), Corporate IT, Honolulu, HI
SALARY RANGE: Negotiable (SR-24; BU:13)
JOB DUTIES: The Information Technology (IT/Technical Services) Department is responsible for the overall planning, analysis, development, improvement and evaluation of the Corporation’s information technology.
This position will serve as a network support analyst and act as the liaison between the Information Technology Department and the users of the automated systems of the Hospitals and the HHSC Information Technology Department.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Technical and Operational, 75%
- Reports to the Network Connectivity Services Manager on the progress of information technology projects, and information systems management applications, utilities and toolsets.
- Monitor and manage information technology systems to ensure proper operation. Systems to include, but not limited to:
- Corporate and regional MDF and IDF switches
- ASA firewall system
- L2L VPN
- Client and clientless VPN
- Cisco WSA
- Cisco Access Control Server system
- Cisco Identity Service Engine (ISE)
- Cisco Wireless APs and WLC
- Network monitoring tools
- HHSC wireless networks
- Internet, WAN and regional routers and link load balancers
User and Management Liaison, 15%
- Communicates current and ongoing research and findings, project status and reporting of various other I.S. activities via oral and written reports to appropriate user and management personnel.
- Studies and assists in coordinating the standardization of software and controls within the hospitals to optimize maintenance costs and enhance training and reporting compatibility.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of I.T. policies and procedures to meet Joint Commission standards.
- Assists in the review and evaluation of the network.
General Responsibilities, 10%
- Prepares and maintains user documents including software policies and procedures for operations, programming standards.
- Assists, evaluates and coordinates plans and projects for sharing information with other hospital facilities.
- Represents Corporate office on the HHITS committee.
- Other duties as assigned to support the mission of HHSC.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS ARE:
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four (4) year college of university.
Excess experience of the types and quality described below or any administrative, professional, technical, or other responsible work which required a high degree of analytical skill may be substituted for training on a year-for-year basis.
EXPERIENCE: Three and one-half (3-1/2) years of progressively responsible work experience in computer systems analysis which involved the analysis and design of systems for electronic processing in data; or stored computer programming experience which included participation in systems analysis.
SELECTIVE CERTIFICATION: In order to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position, appropriate experience is required, therefore, of the 3-1/2 years of specialized experience required, must have three and one-half (3-1/2) years of progressively responsible professional work experience in network infrastructure systems support which involved the analysis and design of systems for electronic processing of data.
SUPERVISORY APTITUDE: Is the demonstration of aptitude or potential for the performance of supervisory duties through successful completion of regular or special assignments which involve some supervisory responsibilities or aspects; by serving as a group or team leader, or in similar work in which opportunities for demonstrating supervisory capabilities exist; by completion of training courses in supervision accompanied by application of supervisory skills in work assignments; or by favorable appraisals by a supervisor indicating the possession of supervisory potential.
CERTIFICATION: Cisco Certified Network Administrator preferred.
LICENSE: None required.
- At least three years of hands-on experience in the installation, operations, and maintenance of telecommunications, WAN, LAN, and WLAN equipment.
- At least one year of hands-on experience in an electronic communications environment.
- Excellent communication skills with technical and on-technical personnel.
WORKING CONDITIONS: This position will work in an office environment with prolonged sitting and extended periods of working with a personal computer and in meetings with various users and vendors of the automated systems.
REQUIRED FORMS & DOCUMENTATION: Evidence of the appropriate training (e.g., official transcript or degree) to be given credit for education and/or experience. A legible photocopy will be accepted; however, Hawaii Health Systems Corporation reserves the right to request an official copy.
Possession of the required number of years of experience will not in itself be accepted as proof of qualification for a position. The applicant’s overall experience must have been of such scope and level of responsibility as to conclusively demonstrate that he/she has the ability to perform the duties of the position for which he/she is being considered.
All Hawaii Health Systems Corporation are Nicotine Free
An Equal Opportunity Employer
ALL JOB VACANCIES WILL BE POSTED FOR A MINIMUM OF TEN (10) CALENDAR DAYS
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com