DATE POSTED: 09/23/2019
POSITION TITLE: Information Technology Specialist V (Network Support)
RECRUITMENT NO: HHSC 06-19
POSITION STATUS: Permanent, Full-Time
POSITION LOCATION: Hawaii Health Systems Corporation (HHSC), Corporate IT, Honolulu, HI
SALARY RANGE: Negotiable (SR-24; BU:13)
JOB DUTIES: The Information Technology (IT/Technical Services) Department is responsible for the overall planning, analysis, development, improvement and evaluation of the Corporation’s information technology.
This position will serve as a network support analyst and act as the liaison between the Information Technology Department and the users of the automated systems of the Hospitals and the HHSC Information Technology Department. This position will be located in the HHSC IT Department.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Technical and Operational, 75%
- Reports to the Network Connectivity Services Manager on the progress of information technology projects, and information systems management applications, utilities and toolsets.
- Monitor and manage information technology systems to ensure proper operation. Systems to include, but not limited to:
- Corporate and regional MDF and IDF switches
- ASA firewall system
- L2L VPN
- Client and clientless VPN
- Cisco WSA
- Cisco Access Control Server system
- Cisco Identity Service Engine (ISE)
- Cisco Wireless APs and WLC
- Network monitoring tools
- HHSC wireless networks
- Internet, WAN and regional routers and link load balancers
User and Management Liaison, 15%
- Communicates current and ongoing research and findings, project status and reporting of various other I.S. activities via oral and written reports to appropriate user and management personnel.
- Studies and assists in coordinating the standardization of software and controls within the hospitals to optimize maintenance costs and enhance training and reporting compatibility.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of I.T. policies and procedures to meet Joint Commission standards.
- Assists in the review and evaluation of the network.
General Responsibilities, 10%
- Prepares and maintains user documents including software policies and procedures for operations, programming standards.
- Assists, evaluates and coordinates plans and projects for sharing information with other hospital facilities.
- Represents corporate office on the HHITS committee.
- Other duties as assigned to support the mission of HHSC.
THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS ARE: Applicants must meet all of the following requirements. Please note that unless specifically indicated; the required education and experiences may not be gained concurrently. In addition, qualifying work experiences are based on a 40-hour work week.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four (4) year college of university.
Excess experience of the types and quality described below or any administrative, professional, analytical, technical, or other responsible work which provided knowledge, skills and abilities comparable to those acquired in four (4) years of successful study while completing a college or university curriculum leading to a baccalaureate degree may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
The education or experience background must also demonstrate the ability to write clear and comprehensive reports and other documents; read and interpret complex written material; and solve complex problems logically and systematically
EXPERIENCE: Three and one-half (3-1/2) years of progressively responsible work experience in information technology which involved the systems analysis, design programming, security and access management, database design and management, consulting, and/or installing and maintaining computer software applications, hardware, telecommunications, and web or network infrastructure equipment. The work must have demonstrated knowledge and understanding of information technology principles, methods, techniques and practices; computer hardware, software and peripheral equipment; and personal computer, server, mini and/or mainframe operating systems.
*For the IT Specialist IV and higher levels, at least one year of experience must be at the fully-competent level comparable to the IT Specialist III level in State government.
Supervisory aptitude is the demonstration of aptitude or potential for the performance of supervisory duties through successful completion of regular or special assignments which involve some supervisory responsibilities or aspects; by serving as a group or team leader, or in similar work in which opportunities for demonstrating supervisory capabilities exist; by completion of training courses in supervision accompanied by application of supervisory skills in work assignments; or by favorable appraisals by a supervisor indicating the possession of supervisory potential.
SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED: 1) Possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or in another major which included completion of course work comparable to a major in computer science may be substituted for six (6) months of the required Specialized Experience.
2) Partial completion of a master’s degree program in computer science from an accredited college or university may be substituted on a month-for-month basis up to a maximum of one (1) year for the required Specialized Experience.
3) Possession of a master’s degree in computer science from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one and one-half (1-1/2) years of the required Specialized Experience.
4) Possession of a Ph.D in computer science from an accredited college or university may be substituted for two and one-half (2-1/2) years of the required Specialized Experience.
5) Excess staff specialist and/or supervisory experience of the types and quality described above may be substituted for specialized experience on a year-foryear basis.
6) Excess technician experience comparable to an Information Technology Support Technician II or higher or comparable positions may be substituted for education on a year for year basis.
SELECTIVE CERTIFICATION: Specialized knowledge, skills and abilities may be required to perform the duties of some positions. In such positions, applicants may be restricted to those who possess the pertinent experience and/or training required to perform the duties of the position.
Departments requesting selective certification must show the connection between the kind of training and/or experience on which they wish to base selective certification and the duties of the position to be filled.
CERTIFICATION: Cisco Certified Network Administrator preferred.
LICENSE: None required.
DESIRED SKILLS: At least three years of hands-on experience in the installation, operations, and maintenance of telecommunications, WAN, LAN, and WLAN equipment. At least one year of hands-on experience in an electronic communications environment. Excellent communication skills with technical and on-technical personnel.
WORKING CONDITIONS: This position will work in an office environment with prolonged sitting and extended periods of working with a personal computer and in meetings with various users and vendors of the automated systems.
All Hawaii Health Systems Corporation are Nicotine Free
An Equal Opportunity Employer
ALL JOB VACANCIES WILL BE POSTED FOR A MINIMUM OF TEN (10) CALENDAR DAYS
Updated 10/14/19; 11/12/20; 8/20/21; 8/15/22
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org